Our Straight Talk blog is here to answer common questions our customers have about why rates are going up, what affects healthcare costs and what Blue Cross is doing to keep costs in line.
See questions below that are answered. Click on each link to get an answer to that question:
- What changes will be made to the individual market after the 2016 presidential election?
- Why can’t Health Insurance be more like Car Insurance?
- Do all your healthcare providers talk to each other?
- What can I do about rising drug prices?
- How can a business tell if the Employer Mandate applies to them?
- Why do insurance companies with $millions in the bank keep raising my rates?
- Why can’t everyone be on Medicare?
- What does “healthcare quality” really mean to me?
- Will buying insurance “across state lines” save me money?
- What does Blue Cross do with all the money people pay in premiums?
- Why are different people with “Blue Cross” subject to different coverage rules?
- What is Medicaid and why is it expanding in Louisiana?
- Would I rather have coverage with an HMO or PPO?
- Why doesn’t my health insurance company reward my loyalty?
- Why is the drug my doctor prescribing me so expensive?
Do you have a healthcare question you’d like to see answered in our Straight Talk blog? Let us know!